Getting to know..

Tuesday 7 February 2012

This week i had the fantastic opportunity to interview Kim from Sweet Monday.


So then, tell me a bit about Sweet Monday. when and why did it start?
I started it in summer of 2010. It got off to a slow start, I can't even remember why I started it now, because I saw a few friends doing it. I've always been creative and thought it was a great place to be just that. Like right down to the blog itself, it reminded me of myspace, with all the html etc. And I'd missed having a page like that that was my own. Facebook just isn't the same.

I was looking back through some of your old stuff, it seems pretty similar to how you post now. Do you think you have changed your style and what you post much?
I'm not sure. I'm happier with my blog now, layout wise and I have a new camera so I think that side has got better. But I hope that what I write about is the same. I don't want to change and my blog to change. Nails, cupcakes, outfits, crafts - that's all me!

I do love the new layout! And yeah, you do have a great focus in your blog, its always wanting to make me get crafty or buy something new. I was wondering how your shop was coming along and whether you were continuing with it?
Yes it's getting there! I've made a few things but I'm currently waiting on labels and other bits to package them. Annoy when I have everything ready to go but I'm a bit crazy over the small things! I guess a bit of a perfectionist!
(Expect pieces like this in the shop)

Sounds like its going to be great!
It takes time and a lot of effort! To be honest if it wasn't for my blog and the fact I work part time atm I probably wouldn't have done it. My blogs really got going recently and I think it's all because I've actually got some time to do things.

You’ve collaborated with a lot of shops as well, has that helped?
Yeh it's helped a lot. I've known the shop Dixi for years now, way before I started a blog so they've really stood by me and done giveaways through my blog and given me pieces. I'd say they've been the biggest help.
Onto the future then? Any big ideas?
Not really. I find this question so hard. Hopefully get a shop off the ground and see how that goes, see if it can make me any money on the side if people like the things i make. Haha um and really continue as I am. 
My blogs taken off over the last couple of months, I don't know how it's happened but it's gone crazy recently, so we'll see if that continues :) I hope it never gets boring, I guess everyone plods along posting about the same things. But luckily fashion and seasons change so so does your blog in a way.

Fashion is definitely something that wont get boring lol. You also entered the Company Casting Call with River Island, is modeling something you might like to do more of?
Oh I don't think I could do that. I'm no where near pretty enough or good enough for that kind of thing. I never ever enter things like this but as my blog had got a bit more popular I thought why not. And even though it would be scary how amazing would it be if I won?! So fingers crossed! I think I'm going to try and enter more things like that. You've got to get yourself out there don't you. Not be such a scaredy cat! :P



You’re definitely pretty enough! And even if you enter and find its not your thing it will be a great experience.
Yeah, I've seen so many bloggers have amazing opportunities through big names like Company and River Island. I think it's so good.

Thank you so much to Kim for talking to me and letting me feature her blog. It really is a great inspiration for me and gives me so many great ideas! So everyone should go vote for her in the Company Casting Call here. I also now really want to attend a blogger meet up which is something i havent had the confidence to do yet, it will go on my to do list for this year.


x

4 comments :

  1. Adore this interview. Kim is so lovely. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you kate and layla for the lovely comments. And it was my pleasure doing this for you :) Sorry it's taken me a while to see it, I've been away the last few days. Hope you're well sweetie :) and yes you must attend a blogger meet up ;) xxx

    sweet monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good interview, she sounds so interesting x

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what people think of my posts and will try and check out your blog and reply. So thank you for the comments! :)